Training Pastors in Zambia
Prayer Requests: 2012 Zambia Mission
My flight to Zambia yesterday had to be delayed because of passport issues. Hopefully this will be resolved in a few days. Please pray that I will have it soon.
Another prayer request is for additional funds for the work to be done while in Zambia. Would you prayerfully consider presenting this ministry to your contacts, church and associates to help with the expenses of this trip and future ministry in Zambia?
Here are the things I will be focusing on while in Zambia (May 22 – July 13).
1. Pastoral training Our main mission is to train pastors and raise up new pastors in the Word of God. I will be encouraging the leaders in this training and conducting as many leadership seminars as time and money allow. The emphasis is on the centrality of the Word of God in their ministries, proper Bible Study Methods and use of the training material as well as the implementation of the Hub Model of Discipleship.
2. Distribution of training material to over 1400 pastors presently in training or waiting to start. (There are over 1000 pastors besides these that are praying for training.)
3. The establishment of 3 new areas of ministry – Kafue, Mansa, and Kabwe.
4. The organization of a new Region This will be the combining of 5 districts into the Muchinga Region under the leadership of Pastor James Bwalya.
5. Encouragement of the work in the extreme Northwestern Province around Kabompo. This is a very difficult area because of its remoteness. Pastor George Masela is the District Leader there and needs our encouragement.
6. Outreach in Rural Livingstone area, working with our pastors there.
7. DRC There will also be contact with our work in DRC on the border of Zambia. The District Leader, pastor Deco, is waiting on French training material and Swahili Bibles. We will also instruct and encourage him and his leaders in the HUB model of discipleship.
As you can see there is much that is hoped to be accomplished. Please partner with us, the pastor-missionaries and me, as we strengthen their hands with pastoral training, bibles, ministry tools and encouragement in the work they are doing.
Specifically the need is for a minimum of $5000. Give Here
Your gift can be mailed to: Hope Builders Ministries, P.O.Box 317, Greenwood, VA 22943 Designate Zambia
Hope Builders Ministries is committed to the indigenous missionary. The incredible work that God is doing in many remote places through them is marvelous to behold. We have the privilege in our day to partner with them. HBM is your ambassador overseeing the proper distribution of funds and the quality of the work. We have personally witnessed God’s favor with our brothers as they are trained in the Word and encouraged by the Western Church with the resources we take for granted.
Leadership Training Seminar
6500 indigenous pastors are in Bible training at the present moment with Hope Builders Ministries in 8 African countries. 1400 of these are in Zambia. This biblical training of pastors affects multiple thousands of believers in the congregations of these pastors. New congregations/churches are continuously being founded as the Word of God spreads in remote areas where multiple languages and cultures are not a barrier to these indigenous witnesses for Christ.
Please prayerfully consider partnering with us. We will be honored to be your ambassadors to indigenous pastoral and church planting missions in Africa.