This week I have been working on the basement apartment. The work has been cleaning out the things stored there and sealing the walls for moisture. Today I will be getting gutters to put on the house which will fix 99% of the moisture problems. There is much to do. We have to raise the duct work so as to gain as much height as possible. We do not want to live in a cave! This is the next big step. After that we will start framing up the walls/rooms.
Yesterday Joe Goodman finished up installing the sewage pump…ugh… but another essential that is out of the way. The apartment is big and roomy but limited as to what we can do because of the issue of “access/egress” safety.
It has been a nice adjustment since our arrival here in Central Tennessee. The Goodman’s have been superb. Our new partners at Coldstream are Jon and Kelly Burkeen moved in the same weekend we did. They are settling in. Jon has been busy mowing the large campus.
JOHAN left for Africa yesterday. Please keep him in prayer. It will be a busy month for him as he coordinates and organizes ministry with our partners in Mozambique and Malawi.
June will be busy for us as we continue to build the apartment and shuffle our accomdations for those who have booked the cottage in June and July. Lou Ann and I have to vacate the premeses the weekend of June 7/8… Our anniversary is the 9th so we may just go somewhere… we will see.
Also in June I will be speaking at Davidson Baptist Church near Hazard, KY and the following week performing the wedding for our dear “son in the faith” Joshua Holland and his bride Taran Cody.
REMEMBER that I will be traveling and working in Zambia August 5 – September 18. This is a coordination trip that will be focused on strengthening our leadership and making sure the training is in place for our HUBS. There will be a lot of traveling involved from as far west as Solwezi and northeast to Kasama.
We will be conducting two HUB pastor training seminars in the Northeast District.
Pray with us for the funds needed for this important trip. THANKS!
Have a great day as we prepare for THE DAY.
This weekend we were blessed with the arrival of our 8th grandchild. Her name is Ava Grace Phelps. Mommy Grace and Dad Jeremy are doing fine. Memaw (Lou Ann) is staying with them a few days to help Grace get some much needed rest.
Ava weighed in at 8#s and 1 oz. She is 22 inches long with beautiful dark hair.
We praise the Lord for His gift of this new life to our family.
Chloe and Regan are staying with Papaw tonight at Coldstream. We fished and then watched the “Secret Garden” with popcorn. They are sound asleep now.
Lou Ann and I are in the midst of a major move. We said our final goodbyes this afternoon in East Kentucky and we are now mid-trip in Bowling Green, KY.
We have been in the middle of moving for several months now. Last November we move over half of our belongings into storage here in Bowling Green. In February we moved our furniture and other goodies to Coldstream Christian Camp and a small barn near the Potter’s House. Yesterday and today we have moved out of our temporary home at Calvary Campus. Lou Ann’s car, my van and Jeremy and Grace Ann’s truck and 16foot trailer are now full of the rest of our belongings. We are Gypsies again. BUT hey, are we not to be “sojourners” in this world?
Lou Ann and I are very excited in the journey the Lord has us on. We are truly looking for “the city made without hands.” Everything here is temporary but OH so important as we walk the path and do the work God calls us to do. That walk and work is to represent the ONE who loved us and gave himself for us, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tomorrow we finish our travel to Coldstream Christian Camp. It is amazing to think that we have tried to move to that ministry on three different specific occasions over the last 20 years. NOW the Lord has said , “It is time.” We are excited about the days of ministry ahead with our friends at Coldstream.
While we continue working with Hope Builders International as the Zambia Coordinator for Harvesters International Ministry Zambia, we will live at the Potter’s House on the campus of Coldstream and oversee the ministry to pastors and missionaries. Specifically we will be booking the Potter’s House and caring for it. This provides us with a “base” of operation to also represent HIM Zambia and coordinate that ministry in the States.
Lou Ann and I are continually looking for individuals and ministries that will partner with us in this ministry. Bibles for Believers and support for our District and Hub leaders in Zambia continue to be the focus for these partnerships. I will also be working to continue to train our leaders there through the three year “on site” Bible School, pastor’s training modules and leadership conferences.
What can you do?
- Pray for us and this ministry.
- Participate by personally giving to this ministry. The 365/20 Partnership is a challenge to for 365 individuals to give $20 per month and provide the “foundation” of support for this ministry.
- Participate by sponsoring a District $300 per month supports a district leader who oversees 10 Hub leaders and their ministries. This is potentially 400 churches and their leaders in training and discipleship. The District leader receives a small 125cc motorcycle to help facilitate this vital ministry of mentoring.
- Sponsor a HUB. $300 per month provides training materials and bicycles for 40 pastors and a small monitary gift to the HUB pastor.
- Bibles for Believers! Literally thousands of our brothers and sisters do not have a Bible. We want to provide at least ONE Bible per family that is in discipleship in the churches we plant. $10 will buy and deliver a Bible in the venacular of the believer. There are many different “heart” languages spoken in Zambia. The Bible has been translated into the major ones. S
- BE an advocate for this ministry in your church and circle of friends.
- ASK your church to have a Bibles for Believers Day. I will send you everything you need to conduct a successful event where your church can be a HUGE blessing to our brothers in Zambia. I will personally report back to your church what the Lord has done in providing these Bibles
- ASK your friends to come to your home or a brunch where I present the awesome ministry of HBI and HIM in Africa, winning thousands to Christ, planting over 3000 churches in the past 10 years, mentoring pastors and discipling believers.
WE ARE MOVING as the Lord opens doors. Come along with us.
Thank you so much for all you do!
Jeff and Lou Ann
Here are some more pictures. Our Moms… Myrna Hawkins (redhead) and Bernice Lane Jackson.
Our children… Joe (Shannon), Grace (Jeremy), Mary Beth (Ben), Luke (Amy)
Having fun fishing… (R to L) Joe, Luke, Chloe, Jeremy, Jeff, Ben and Joe Rosignol
Grandchildren… Chloe, Jakob, Regan, Olivia, Corbin, Jared, Jonathan, AVA (in the hopper)